LERS Leadership in Emissions Reduction 2020 Award
Logistics UK is proud to launch the LERS Leadership in Emissions Reduction 2020 Award sponsored by ExxonMobil
The Award celebrates the efforts that scheme members are making to reduce emissions from freight. From working to reduce emissions through better fuel efficiency and use of green fuels, to developing cleaner innovations and switching to rail and water modes, logistics companies are showing that they can play their part in tackling the climate change challenge.
Natalie Chapman, Head of Urban Policy at Logistics UK:
“With an urgent need to improve air quality across the UK and to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, logistics businesses are striving to reduce emissions from their operations. This award is the perfect opportunity to recognise and celebrate the company which, through the use of alternative fuels and improved fuel efficiency, is making a significant contribution towards a greener future and paving the way for others to follow.”
Awards application process
If you are a member of the Logistics Emissions Reduction Scheme, your company is eligible to apply for the LERS Leadership in Emissions Reduction Award sponsored by ExxonMobil.
The Award celebrates the efforts that LERS members are making to reduce emissions from freight activity. It provides an excellent opportunity for members, no matter what size of fleet or company, to earn recognition for reducing emissions through different operational actions.
Entry is free of charge and is submitted by email as a completed form. Click here to download entry form.
Please read through the following:
- The application should come from a LERS member who has submitted a completed Declaration of Intent to Logistics UK.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
- The winner and shortlisted entrants of the Award will be featured on Logistics UK’s website, in Logistics magazine and external press articles.
- Applicants are responsible for providing correct information within their entry form.
- Further information may be requested by the judges to support an application.
- All entries must be received by 21 August as an email submission to Di Hornby – firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download entry form.
- At least one representative from the shortlisted entries must be available to attend the Logistics UK’s Logistics Awards on the evening of 10 December 2020.
- Entry is free of charge.
LERS Awards 2019
The LERS Awards celebrate the efforts that members of the scheme are making to reduce emissions from their road freight operations, to publicly recognise the companies going above and beyond to mitigate their environmental impact. Last year, the LERS hosted two awards, sponsored by our industry partners Bridgestone and ExxonMobil.
LERS Leadership in Fleet Efficiency Award. Sponsored by Bridgestone
LERS members were asked to provide details on the fuel efficiency practices introduced to their fleet operations, for example fuel efficient tyres, and to quantify the emissions savings to demonstrate they had the most efficient operation.
Shortlisted: John Raymond Transport, Nicholls UK
LERS Excellence in Innovation Award. Sponsored by ExxonMobil
LERS members were asked to provide details on the alternative low carbon fuels and technologies they had successfully deployed in their operations, for example fuel efficient lubricants, and to quantify the emissions savings to demonstrate they had the most innovative project which went beyond the use of diesel.
Winner: John Lewis Partnership
Shortlisted: Howard Tenens, Nicholls UK